For many millennia, the gold-bearing gravel banks have been lying in the river of the Zwischbergental. The gold flakes are of a beautiful light yellow, shiny colour. For a long time this treasure was forgotten. You go in search of the yellow metal with what is probably the last gold panner in Gondo. Shovel and gold panning pan are ready and waiting for you to find the gold and carry it home.
The guide accompanies your group throughout the day and immerses you in the history of the gold rush in the Zwischberg valley.
Leave everyday life behind and immerse yourself in a gold rush adventure!
- Meet at 09.00 a.m. (or by arrangement) at the Gold Miners Office at the village square of Gondo followed by a joint drive to the Zwischbergental
- Short hike to the former Leopold adit and introduction to the history of the gold rush
- Clearance of gold-bearing ore with hammer and chisel and removal of the overburden
- Hike to the "Great Water" - Aperitif or barbecue by the stream (optional booking)
- Get gold panning equipment and put on boots, short introduction to gold panning and then everyone tries their luck in the stream.
- Crowning finale -> the gold panning exam. Prove your skills!
- Goldminer aperitif CHF 15.00 per person
- Gold panning barbecue price on request
Bad weather:< In case of bad weather, the programme is subject to change.
Equipment: weather appropriate clothing, walking shoes, sun protection, sun cream, snacks and drinks
Suitable for:children from 6 years and adults
Date and time: on request