The parish of Simplon is first mentioned in a document dated 1 August 1267. Willermus of Simplon appears as the first parish priest on 20 October 1290 as a witness in an act of donation. St. Gotthard is named as the church patron in a purchase contract of 30 January 1422.
Good to know
Brig - Simplonpass - Simplon Dorf
Brig - Gondo - Simplon Dorf
Zug bis Bahnhof Brig, Postbus bis Simplondorf