Located on the south side of the pass, the track offers ideal training conditions due to its altitude of 1850 metres above sea level. The circuit starts at the Barralhaus and leads in a short ascent up to the Alter Spittel. The building was the original hospice built by Kaspar Stockalper. The three upper floors served the Stockalper family as a summer residence. Below, poor travellers were given free accommodation and meals.
The trail continues over the plain of the hamlet of Gampisch, which is farmed in summer. Afterwards, the trail leads back to the Barralhaus, which is a real eye-catcher for visitors with its floor plan of 7x120 metres. It was built by the clergyman Pierre Barral, who built the building as holiday accommodation for his pupils. However, Barral went bankrupt before the building was completed. Today, the Barralhaus is owned by the army.